• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hole in the wall

stevec

Here's my new tank its sits in a hole in the wall and is viewable from the front room and the hallway so two different views....the top of the tank is 6ft off the floor so slightly different viewing than a conventional setup you are looking up at it from the front room.

tank is 700mm long x 800m width x 500mm deep
substrate akadama/cat litter/osmocote
filter fluval FX5
CO2 injection via external aquamedic 1000
lighting 4 18watt

plants to be decided although I have put some 4 leaf clover and crypts wendtii in and filled it up to test plumbing and tank as it was a custom order
also have done some modifications to the aquamedic its running with 1" hose barbs (to fit the FX5 hosing) and split the outtake into two to fit a custom acrylic full length spraybar fed from both ends.
Hated the intake supplied with the FX5 so have 2 custom acrylic intakes as well
Been up and running for a couple of days now and no leaks Phew :clap:

Front view
bogwood.jpg

Hallway View photo on its side sorry :oops:
tank1.jpg

Fourleaf clover pearling :thumbup:
fourleafclover.jpg

I blacked out the sides of the tank with window tint film so you cant see the insides of the wall

off to order some plants will update when planted

chrisfraser05 said:
Wow, I really like that :)

Same idea with the tint film as me!

What are you stocking it with?

plants? still looking
fish i have a shoal of rummynose and ottos going in there when cycled and CO2 levels are sorted

mdhardy01 said:
How's the am1000 going?

its running sweet have CO2 pumped up high and its looking like its fully dissolving before reaching the tank

stevec said:
fourleafclover.jpg

that looks like a Marsilea species. Great lower light slow carpeting plant. If so, the fourleaf clover part is the emersed growth, the submerged growth tends to be just one leaf, a bit like glosso, with occasional multi-leaved plantletts.

Marsilea was my first attempt at a foreground plant back in the day :D

hijac said:
stevec said:
fourleafclover.jpg

that looks like a Marsilea species. Great lower light slow carpeting plant. If so, the fourleaf clover part is the emersed growth, the submerged growth tends to be just one leaf, a bit like glosso, with occasional multi-leaved plantletts.

Marsilea was my first attempt at a foreground plant back in the day :D

yes its Marsilea Quadrifolia (four leaf clover) low demanding and quick growing I find?

Back