• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holes in Hygrophila

I have a hunch its the SAE's or plecs too!!

Re: Holes in Hygrophila New Pics

So I found the courage to cut the Hygro and replant the topping I have cut off. The cutting seems to have taken off nicely however the holes keep coming although I have upped co2 to its max and as of today have also added another circulation pump.

Let me know your thoughts on what you think is worng...... ferts, co2, plecs or SAE's?

img0027ji.jpg

img0028ab.jpg

img0029jq.jpg

Hi mate,
That looks predatory to me. I'd check my cupboard, pull out 2 jars of Grandma's Spectacular Whupass and feed it to those Jurrasic Plecostomusses, or whatever they are called...

Cheers,

I was pretty sure it was the plecs especislly since I do not have this issue on the medium sized leaves an only on the large ones. The leaves of the Hygro are eally soft so they can be easily damaged!

Well I removed both Bristlenose plecs and since have not seen extensive leaf damage on the hygros. Up to now everything indicates that it was indeed the plecs which did the damage although I never managed to catch one even close to the plant.....

ceg4048 said:
Hi mate,
That looks predatory to me. I'd check my cupboard, pull out 2 jars of Grandma's Spectacular Whupass and feed it to those Jurrasic Plecostomusses, or whatever they are called...

Cheers,
Sure is Jurassic mastication of some sort....have a look at the remnants of your plant. Looks to me the blighters have had a good much, then slowly filled their stomachs......... then he/she has moved down and munched through the newest/juiciest part of the leaves.
hoggie

yes thought as much. the fact that i have not had similar looking leaves over the past two days indicates that it was the plecs. still keeping my eyes on the SAE's though......

Back