• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holes in new leaves.

spyder

I have a 28l nano that has been running since February. The latest batch of new leaves coming through on my Cryptocoryne Wedntii Green have small holes in them. I've checked on James Planted tank for the list of deficiencies but couldn't find anything about holes in new leaves, only old leaves due to Pottasium.

I dose EI with easy carbo. What would cause holes in new leaves? Fauna is 6 Cpd's. 4 Oto's and a few cherry shrimp.

Cheers.

Hello,
Holes in leaves is almost always due to poor CO2 (assuming it's not due to predation by snails) and is never caused by poor NO3. You therefore need to look at increasing the CO2 source or improving flow/distribution.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hello,
Holes in leaves is almost always due to poor CO2 (assuming it's not due to predation by snails) and is never caused by poor NO3. You therefore need to look at increasing the CO2 source or improving flow/distribution.

Cheers,

I can't completely rule out snail damage as I have pest snails although this would be the 1st time they've decided to munch on my foliage.

If co2 is through culprit then maybe I should up my dose. I'm currently dosing 1ml per day in 28l and if I remember correctly its 1ml per 50l. Flow is good around them they dance well. I guess plant mass is on the up now so I could try a little more easycarbo. I just don't want to nuke my cherries :(

Cheers Clive. The last part of the triangle and things click back into perspective.

I'd recently moved house and had a week off work so instead of the lights coming on with the timer at 16:30 I was overriding it here and there. Thinking back I must of had a few good days of 12 hrs+. It never occurred to me at the time when I spotted these new holy leaves.

I must research some really low output led's for out of photoperiod viewing.

Back