• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

holes on anubias barteri leaves

barbus

hi,
The deficiencie looks like a hole in the older and younger anubias leaves , actualy many little holes like something bites it , a bit yellowish leaves , and the holes edges are contured with a dark broun line.
No idea what that could be , i use no co2 , the tank is 300 L , planted with only easy plants, and it is lightly lit: 0.3 w/ l.
the fertlilizations that i use: pps pro, jbl line.
I would appriciate your answer for this problem,
thans.

Hi

try james website

http://theplantedtank.co.uk/deficiencies.htm
or
http://www.theaquatools.com

I use pps-pro too but I overdose

pps pro is ok but there are some downsides. you have to stick to the rules

for example. if you have that wpg you need to have light on for that long..... etc...
also pps-pro guide on few websites does not say to add more ferts lets say 1ml more daily dose each if your tank is heavly planted. or add less if you tank is not heavy planted. So this is black hole of pps-pro. It says everywhere that you need to be accurate with pps-pro but why make your life harder that simpler = USE EI

I have high light co2 and heavly planted tank and normal dose would be 6ml but I dose 7 to be on a safe site.
+ it gives me time for error if you forget one morning to add ferts your safe

this is take from pps-pro from aquatic plant central:

the dosage seems awfully small?
The dosage seems to be is small, the goal is to give the plants what they need, not to overfeed and have nutrients build up in the water.

so you have no place for error
I just overdose but I do water changes.
I would overdose little bit in your case and see how it goes
or maybe cut affected leaf and see whether they appear again if so then overdose.

p.s you double posted

Thanks

Back