• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holiday growth

Bolota

Hello,

I've been waiting a new tank to start my first journal. Meanwhile I decided to share a few pics of my present tank. This has been my experimenting lab or learning ground... I have been doing all sorts of testes over the past 6 months and decided to reescape about 2 months ago.

It is a 50X35X40, a 10W LED (aquazonic) and a injected CO2 with a solenoid valve (light and CO2 for 8 hours), soil JBL manado.

Before holiday I was doing dailly fertilization with Tropica, and just before leaving for a 2 week period I dosed the amount for a 1 week period before doing a large water change.

After my return the tank looked like a jungle and I still don't know why. I suspect I was overfeeding. Also the two ottos were found dead and I cant find an explanation (all other fish were OK). There were some algea spots on the glass (and diatoms as well) but nothing serious. The growth of the stems was much larger then I have ever noticed before. Unfortunately I rushed to clean the tank and forgot to take pictures.
The photos were taken after a severe trimming.

P1070688.JPG
P1070685.JPG

P1070687.JPG

I cant help feeling the tank was doing better while I was away... :)!

Back