• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holiday in Dubrovnik (croatia)

John Starkey

Hi All just a few holiday snaps :rolleyes: ,croatia is very nice but very expensive.

_MG_5314-1.jpg

_MG_5320.jpg

_MG_5341.jpg

_MG_5362.jpg

_MG_5370.jpg

_MG_5429.jpg

_MG_5559.jpg

_MG_5564.jpg

_MG_5619.jpg

_MG_5624.jpg

_MG_5757.jpg

_MG_5983.jpg

_MG_5682.jpg

_MG_6021.jpg

_MG_5997.jpg

sorry it was pic heavy,
regards,
john.

that looks like the bridge at mostar..... (yes i know its a dif country)

i went to croatia and stayed on one of the peninsula's. Went and visited korcula, dubrovnik etc...
amazing contry, being out at night is the best there. just loads of wild dogs, lizards etc. very creepy when you are in the middle of nowhere by the sea!

even found a live sea mine whilst swimming about 30m off the coast. (was chained about 1m from the sea floor) It was a barrell with a load of metal spikes attached that is then released and floats to the surface waiting to be wacked by boats... In my infinate wisdom, i did give it a good prod..... 8)

Anyway, back onto the subject...
we visited bosnia for a day whilst we were there and went into mostar. When we went (3 years ago) it was so cheap.
7 of us got a 3 course meal and drinks for about £25 all in. the food was very good, but if your a veggie your a bit screwed. All they eat is meat, bread and drink beer. lots of beer was drunk!

we walked around some of the other towns whilst we were there, and i was just pulling machine gun bullets out of the bullet ridden houses. !!

not to detract from johns amazing pics... but can i add to them? keep them all in one thread....

Mine are of croatia and bosnia and are not as arty as johns, rubbish camera!

would thoroghly recommend people go to croatia. a beautiful country.

View from our house we stayed in...
IMGP0058.jpg

Climbing a hill near our house..
IMGP0071.jpg

Korcula
IMGP0087.jpg

Check your shoes...
IMGP0246.jpg

Same bridge john :lol:
IMGP0160.jpg

Some more pics of bosnia... see what i mean about bullet holes... when we went about 80% of all buildings were riddled. the only things that werent were religious buildings. !!

Lovely old building, but holey!
IMGP0154.jpg

we walked past a childrens playground.... the kids were still playing!
bosniaSlide.jpg

i have HUGE bullets from fighter planes that have been shot into buldings along with smalll arms bullets.
even got a mostar FC footie shirt for about £3 !!

Back