• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

holiday planning

markj

Hi everyone come july i will be going away for 10 days so there will be no one to look after my tank i feed ferts daily plus easy carbo lights are on 7 hours a day plus i do weekly 50% water changes:eek: what should i be planning to do to the tank cheers mark

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Hi mate ,

Iv read many different things about going away as I too go away quite a lot too.

Some say do a 80% water change the day you go, reduce lighting to hour a day or leave them off completely.

I'm sure someone will put you on the right track mate ;)

Cheers

When i went away for a week with high tech tank i just reduced light to 4 hours and CO2 to 5 hours. I have an automatic feeder as well. Just did normal 50%water change before going away. Plants all fine when I got back.

However when I went away for 3 weeks I built myself a dual peristaltic dosing pump to dose macro and micro and dosed 1/2 (or 1/3) EI amount. Reduced light to 4hours and CO2 to 5hours. Plants not as green as I would have lived liked when i got back, but generally plants and fish all ok.

Back