• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

House Plants in Leca (Semi Hydroponics system)

dean

Do any of you use this method for your house plants ?

Theres a lot of videos on YouTube that ive watched

I tend to overwater so thinking of trying this method along with a diy float water level indicator

Was just thinking of using aquarium water on water change days

Any advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this with some of mine which don’t mind wet roots - the only drawback I’ve found is occasional outbreaks of tiny flies.

I do this with some of mine which don’t mind wet roots - the only drawback I’ve found is occasional outbreaks of tiny flies.

Do you fill the pot completely with water or is it species dependant

Do you fill the pot completely with water or is it species dependant

I’ve got monsteras and I think a calathea growing well like this - but I’d do a bit of searching/experimenting before committing all your house plants to it.

I grow succulent in LECA. I filled LECA into a transparent glass jar with no drain hole. Since I can see where the water level is, I water just enough water to inundate the bottom one inch using a turnkey baster, and only water again when it has completely dried out. It works well with succulent as it is low water demanding. Previously, I attempted to grow herbs using the same set up and did not survive. LECA doesn't hold water well so moisture demanding houseplant will suffer.

Back