• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How are ADA Cubes Siliconed Together?

Stitch

Have any of you tried to build or put together an ADA Opti-White style tank?

I've never seen one in the flesh and just wondering how they are put together?

Assuming we are looking at the front pane, how is this siliconed to the base? Is it pressed down onto the base or pressed up against the side of it? (I'm guessing the back pane is the same).

Regarding the sides, I can see how they are bonded to the front and back but how do they bond to the base? Again, are they on top of the base or pressed up against the side?

Hope you can understand my strange request

Let me know if it's not clear.

Or if someone with one of these tanks could please take come photos of the silicone / corners that would be great.

Cheers

stuworrall said:
on my mini-m all the sides rest on top of the base.

If so, it's fake. All ADA aquarium side glass panels are siliconed on the side of the bottom glass.

stuworrall said:
oops yes you're right. just checked and its got all sides butted up to the bottom plate. its my 90cm (not an ada tank) that rests on the bottom plate. apologies for the duff info!! :(

PMSL :lol: The thought of your ADA tank being fake brought images of bloodshed to mind... You done any updates recently mate?

Back