• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How big is your towel? And do you wash it?

Tea towel sized waffle thing. And no. Not in three years...
Here it is drying on the cabinet door ready for next time.
Presumably it correlates with tank size and tech?

Attachments

• PXL_20240526_201724308~2.jpg
    PXL_20240526_201724308~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
how can one not click on a thread with a title like this one?
you are a brave man, sharing secrets like this on the world wide web!
there must be some kind of evolutionary thing going on as i do exactly the same with my microfibre cloth thing and multiple retired tea towels.
classic.

Si

A single tea towel, I wish. Even with a small tank I'm so messy I have to use an old beach towel.
And it gets washed after every use. And sometimes even gets used at the beach too :cool:

I have a few towels that I use in Rotation. I get them from Asda when they have the Towel sale and always get a few to use for the tank and for drying the dog on rainy days..
They hang near the tank and are used for after water change and drying my hands if i have to adjust something in the tank. And crushing snails against the glass.
They get washed when I remember it needs washing.
As well a my MA clownfish Towel - though I cant stand touching microfibre.

If im doing a rescape etc, then i bring out the Big Bath towels that are used for Dog wash/towel dry days,

I never thought of using one. I normally use kitchen roll. I will now have to rethink my maintenance regime utilities … 😊

An old hand towel and a bath towel for on the floor. Washed after every use, but no detergent. Also a micro fibre cloth for cleaning front of tank.

Got a microfibre on one side/toweling on the other cloth about a foot square that came with some grobeam lighting years back. Just about only use it to wipe the front glass after a water change. I was looking at it yesterday thinking a wash might be an idea.... handwash / gently sun dry maybe?

Hi all,
An old hand towel and a bath towel for on the floor. Washed after every use, but no detergent. Also a micro fibre cloth for cleaning front of tank.
A tea towel out of the drawer, then put it on the hook to dry, hoping that my wife doesn't notice that I've spilled water everywhere.

Cheers Darrel

Usually, old hand towels that started off as ex hotel purchases from eBay and are now demoted to dog towels. Yesterday however I absentmindedly neglected to lock the pump head off when I opened the filter and had to resort to bath towels.

Back