• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how can I level my already full 6' tank?

Hi all,
My lfs knows a builder so he has asked him to come round on Wednesday to see if he can suggest/do anything and to check the floor and cabinet, although the floor is solid concrete so I doubt it's the floor.
Fingers crossed for you.
Could you not adjust the hood so that the difference in levels is blinded.
That was my solution, and then I'd just keep on adjusting it to hide the ever growing discrepancy.
I am assuming that nothing structural is amiss.
Once I'd adjusted the lid it would be "out of sight, out of mind" until the inevitable tsunami happened.

cheers Darrel

Sorry for not replying guys, just been really busy.
Some good ideas in there so thanks to everybody who replied. My lfs knows a builder so he has asked him to come round on Wednesday to see if he can suggest/do anything and to check the floor and cabinet, although the floor is solid concrete so I doubt it's the floor.

That could be a slightly bigger concern then if its the cabinet starting to warp and collapse instead of the flooring compressing. Have you tried putting a spirit level in the cabinet panels i various places to see if there is any distortion in them?

That could be a slightly bigger concern then if its the cabinet starting to warp and collapse instead of the flooring compressing. Have you tried putting a spirit level in the cabinet panels i various places to see if there is any distortion in them?
Yeah, everything looks ok except the 1/4 difference, I've also had a square on cabinet corners and they are all square. I have had a 6' straight edge and all seems fine with that. All the interior strengthening timber still looks solid and straight.
I'm no builder or joiner so I have done all I know, Just have to wait for the builder on Wednesday.

Just to rule everything out, the difference is with the water flow off? I know it will be but it's sometimes really easy to overlook the easiest solution.

Just to rule everything out, the difference is with the water flow off? I know it will be but it's sometimes really easy to overlook the easiest solution.
Yep, I noticed it while topping up water, agree though about missing the obvious sometimes.

My self having a decent sized tank, i have an inch thick eurethane sheet between my base structure and the tank. That way the sheet will take any slight denivelation and keep your tank straight by compressing itself where the higher elevation is.

If you dont have something similar, i would strongly advise you to do so if you have to empty the tank to make your correction.

Back