how do i fit this up

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by nickmcmechan, 17 Apr 2008.

1. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan Member

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Probably use a universal tap connector for a hose pipe. Look in the gardening section of your local homebase/B&Q/Garden centre.

Something like this... or this...

3. Aeropars

Aeropars Member

I had the same concerns about this as well. In the end I opted not to use the fill and drain kit. Now i just syphon off the water with a 50ft hose attached to a eheim crook then when its time to fill up again I just use the same hose attached to a universal tap connector.

Those things waste loads of water because you have the tap on while your draining!

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

5. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

These connections are really good, i use these at customers houses when they don't have an outside tap.

I would say they fit 80% of taps, but if you have a mixer tap with a very curved spout, then you'll be wasting your time.

6. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

I just use a hose with a pump in one end inside the tank and the other end on the taps with hot and cold misture, with an extra piece coming off to drain, I can post some photos if interested. Pump cost ten or fifteen quid on ebay!