• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you clean diffusers? a n00b implores

Bufo Bill

Hi there I have just bought a very cool ADA ball glass diffuser. I presume these follow the laws of nature and get clogged with algae/bacteria/gump etc, so has anyone got any favoured methods of cleaning?
Seriously, I don't have a clue so please help out a newbie here.

All the best From Bill.

lol, definately not conventional! Just so you know ADA do make difusers that work for air rather than co2. I think becuase the molecule size is different that air doesnt usually work through a co2 difuser but youve obviously proved thsi one wrong :)

I Use one of my Little ones Stage 1-2 toothbrush, just the right size for cleaning a diffuser.
4800911-i1.jpg

And the Thimble Toothbrush's are also great.
baby-orajel-tooth-and-gum-cleanser.jpg

Stu - that's very interesting about the ADA oxygen diffusers- I wonder why I don't remember coming across them? Maybe they were a bit bulky? Could you find me a link by any chance?
I must say the bubbles are much bigger than if I was dosing CO2 through the diffuser, but it suits me well.

Gill, that's a genius idea, lovely non scratchy bristles! Thanks mate!

All the best from Bill.

Cheers Mate. I think the other diffusers would look wrong in my vase - far too big.

Mine does well though, creates a bit of movement in the water column but doesn't turn the thing into a washing machine, and it oxygenates at the same time. Yay. Thanks for the help.

All the best from Bill.

Back