How do you trim HC Cuba?

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by aaronnorth, 29 Nov 2008.

1. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

How do you trim it without little bits getting everywhere? It has grown quite tall and i dont want the lower parts dying off. It also quite hard to get a fish net in due to space.

Any tips?

Thanks, Aaron

2. chump54

chump54 Member

i turn filter off, trim, then net...takes ages...

once under control smaller trims are easier.

sometimes I pull chunks out which leave gaps to be filled in by future growth. doesn't look go though.

C

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

hmmm, i might try to build myself a super mini net! I already have some netting...

Thanks, any other suggestions anyone?

4. chump54

chump54 Member

i've got a tiny net from LFS for 0.79p i think. might be worth a go

i've tried to do it whilst syphoning... but I haven't got enough hand plus the syphon gets blocked easily. although with 12/16mm pipe it might work, but you would have to be quick. :D

I'd like a solution to this, I'm hoping to keep the hc low in the scape I'm working on at the mo.

C

5. Simply give it a "flat top" and carefully surface skim with a wet and dry vacuum. This normally clears our 150ltr in less than a minute.

6. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh give it a hair cut, but I don't think there is anything you can do about the trillions (I've counted ;)) of bits that float about. You have to be careful not to net out any fish at the same time, which Ive done in the past.

Sam

JacksonL likes this.
  7. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Thanks, i am going to see if i can buy a small enough net today, otherwise, i am going to get some small twigs and make my own net lol.