• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long are fluval spraybars?

Ajm200

I have not been able to look at the fluval spraybars at the LFS as they are special order items so have a couple of questions that google can't seem to answer.

How big are they?
Can I fit two sets into a 5' tank?
Can the outlet hose be fitted to either end or is it's postion fixed?

This is why I ask

The condensation cover on my 5' tank has the rear corners cut away for filter hosing I will have two hoses in each rear corner the input from one filter and the output from the other (to maintain circulation if a filter goes down)
I have been looking at spraybars to ensure water circulation along the length of the tank. I'd mount the bars on the rear wall spraying onto the front wall but I don't know if this is practical as I can't find anywhere locally with these things in stock.

Re: Question re fluval spraybars

I have a pair in my tank, I'll have a measure tonight if you need the exact sizes but 2 pair would span a 5ft no worries, they are approximately 16" - 18" long each. They are open both ends and supplied with a plastic end plug to seal them, 16mm Eheim hose fits perfect. Before I had those I had a single run made from 21mm overflow pipe with 16mm eheim hose pushed in one end and a hose barb pushed into that. It wasn't visible in my tank so that may not be an option but worth mentioning just in case.

Hi Colin

Thanks for the info. I'd love to know the lengths if you don't so I know how much space I'd have to play with.

Did think about a DIY spraybar but with two little helpers and a hubby who hates DIY it would never happen.
Just trying to setup the standard 'quick fit' inlet and outlet pipes with my helpers took ages and was hilarious.

Back