• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long to give fry growout tank?

jameson_uk

I have just filled a small 18"x10"x10" ClearSeal tank I purchased a number of years ago, mainly to save my wife from killing me due to the noise of the little hang on tank I am currently using (see here).

I have bought a Hamburg Matten Filter (ie. a little bit of pipe and a really big sponge) and have added a couple of cm of really find sand I had lying around. I have placed the sponge from the old filter in my Betta tank behind the matten sponge and I have also squeezed out the two sponges from the sponge filter that has been running in the main tank. Only plants are some frogbit

Question is, how long should I give it before moving the tiny fry / eggs to this tank? (literally just notice another 30 odd eggs too)

Empty the water in the fry tank, refill with water from the main tank when you move in the eggs. Temperature should be the same, or 0.5 degrees more :)

10-20% water changes in fry tank every day with water from main tank :)

Back