• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many members partners get involved with the hobby

tonyg1

......or are they all like mine and beat a retreat whenever a water change or maintainance is brought up :lol: .

tonyg1 said:
......or are they all like mine and beat a retreat whenever a water change or maintainance is brought up :lol: .

Exactly like yours mate, i tell her water change day is sunday so she moans if i say it has to be done a certain time because she wants to go out walking or such :)

Mine takes an interest, however.... the interest goes as far as saying it looks nice lol.... she would never in a million years actually get involved with getting her fingers wet.. no matter how much i would love her to.

funny that i do mine friday tea time and she buggers off onto the net for hours......i just do'nt tell her what time i finish so i get a couple of hours to listen to the tunes a bit louder :clap: .

Now this is interesting

My missus loves watching the the main display tank in the evenings and going to LFS or not so LFS what woman don't like shopping she will even pick a copy of PFK up from time to time and have a read she also just started showing interest in the breeding program Ive just started. hay next be getting involved with the maintenance but there no chance with that in the near future!!!

My wife helps me do the water change on the 350l. Given that she now finds it easier with the pump and hose she just plugs it all in and away it goes. Then reverses the format and fills up the tank. She uses seacheam prime and then doses tpn+ into the tank afterwards.
Before she would help me remove any shells or trim plants, but now she is pregnant she will just do the water changes :)

My wife has also helped me scape in the past and catch the shrimps and fishes to put into other tanks etc. So she enjoys it and helping out :)

I think she took a bigger interest after we went on honeymoon to thailand and took her snorkling. We also attended aquarama 2011 as well as any shows that take place in London :)

It seems to have all been about wives so far! :) My hubby has an interest in that he likes to look at the tanks, will talk about changes with me and will help with any lifting etc More importantly he doesn't mind me spending money on my hobby - especially now it pays its way a little bit! But, he wouldn't want to get involved with the 'boring', maintenance side of it even if he was more physically able. He never has been one for anything too 'manual'! :crazy:

Viv

My wife is only Interested if I am Going to go to Dobbies with the little one. As she can look at the big displays and have a wander round the clothing departments.

My o/h is brilliant :D he takes an interest and gives me a hand with things, but unfortunatley that interest leads to him fiddling with the tanks when I'm out...

Mainly, he keeps changing the flipping settings on my G6!!

Christie_ZXR said:
Mainly, he keeps changing the flipping settings on my G6!!

If I had a piece of kit like this mine would probably want to take it apart - or try and reprogramme it! :rolleyes:

Viv

Yep, he's already done that!! The taking apart that is. On the bright side, he's happy to change the mechanical cartridge for me when it needs cleaning (I have 2) on the down side, I still have to clean the old one myself!!

I'm dreading what will happen when I've finally got the FE going... but at least it doesn't have buttons :lol:

At the beginning my girlfriend was interested but then it faded out as I went more mental in to it. Last time she did not notice for 3 days I replaced small tank for bigger one...

My wife thinks I'm an insane trouser rubber, and that I spent way too much time on this web site; but I've no idea what she is worried about! Can you guess what it is yet? Eat the pigeons! Dead fly! :crazy:

Back