how many people run co2 24/7

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by naz, 20 Dec 2009.

1. naz

naz Member

hello forum..just out of interest how many people are running there co2 24/7,on large and small tank,and do you think there is any benefits...

2. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Hi naz

I know a few people do around here, but I'm not one of them :lol:.
    My philosophy is that plants cannot utilise CO2 in the dark, therefore I turn mine off overnight and get twice as long out of my cylinder :D .
    Others even have an air pump on at night or raise their lily pipes to increase surface agitation.
    I have spent many hours sorting out my flow and distribution on a 180l and now I don't have to do either :lol: .
    I'm sure someone who runs 24/7 will be along soon to advise you of the advantages.
    The key is to get your CO2 levels back up to the correct levels before lights on ;).

Chris.

3. andyh

andyh Member

I second chris!

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

I run mine 24/7, as i personally think a soleoid is just anyother thing that could go wrong. But then again I use a massive pub cylider which lasts me moths any way!!!!

Sam

5. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

I now run co2 24/7 on my 35litre, it seems to make everything more stable, but non the less im still having problems with various algae...

6. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

There is an argument for turning the co2 off at nigh to give the fish a rest of it.

Sam

7. ashpitt

ashpitt Newly Registered

I run mine 24/7 using FE tank at 2 BPS for almost 9 months straight. Still going on and might need a refill in a month or two. No issues of ODing my fish and my DC always indicating limegreen. It kinda waste during non photoperiod but CO2 refill is cheap. :)

Regards