• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How the **** do I get co2 tubing off

andeekaii

I've just set up my pressurised co2. I heated up the tubing to get it on the bubble counter and check valves, but now i can't get the blahblahblahblahblahblahblah stuff off again!

Any tips?

Andy

Well bad language won't get it off. Stick it in boiling water for a minute or two to get it really soft then delicately work it off in a circular motion.

The language was meant only as a joke.

I've got it off now, the same way i put it on, with a hairdryer. Its a bit of a pain having to do this everytime i need to top up the bubble counter though o_O

Yeah it can be a bit of a grind but it's not the worst thing, if it was lose your co2 would escape wouldn't it. The hot water trick is probably a lot quicker than the hairdryer one, not that I'd know I don't own a hairdryer.

Garuf said:
Well bad language won't get it off.

I disagree completely! Profuse swearing fixes nearly everything. Except maybe police officers :lol:

Stick it in boiling water for a minute or two to get it really soft then delicately work it off in a circular motion.

Unsticking CO2 tubing is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.... :lol:

M

bigmatt said:
I disagree completely! Profuse swearing fixes nearly everything. Except maybe police officers :lol:

:lol:

bigmatt said:
Unsticking CO2 tubing is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.... :lol:

so you manageto get it off quickly then? :lol:

Garuf said:
Stick it in boiling water for a minute or two to get it really soft then delicately work it off in a circular motion.

i wouldn't do that. well at least not with glass ware. it'll crack!

Hmmm, I've never cracked any glasswear by doing that in 3 years.

Hahaha, matt.

Back