• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to get rid of green water and green spot algae?

Seagull

Bit of an issue with green water. The tank is in front of a window but has a background on the window side of it. Issue has only come since the tank was gutted out a few weeks ago. Not sure of light hours or the power of the light, if that would affect it, sorry.

In a different aquarium, what looks like green spot algae keeps growing on the glass and on some of the plants. How might I remove it? This tank is 28L and gets daily doses of 0.5ml EasyCarbo and 0.5ml Micro ferts and approximately 10 hours of light daily under what I think is 11W. It's quite stubborn to remove - I left it before believing it was green dust algae, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas how to get rid of these algaes?

Thanks

Green water can be solved with the use of a UV or a blackout and maybe other solutions i dont know of. It is often caused by exposure to day light so the window behind wont help, maybe put a black background along the sides to help if the tank cant be moved.

Green spot is caused by a lack of PO4, dose this and it will dissipate. Removing it can be a pain but a razor blade will make short work of it.

Of course reducing your light period will always help combat any algae. If you post some more info, then it is easier for people to offer up advise.

Back