• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to keep commercial decapsulated brine shrimp eggs

Yeah, I saw this but mine's commercial and is air dried like brine shrimp eggs.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Hi all,
and is air dried like brine shrimp eggs.....Do I freeze it or just keep it dry
I know that <"ZM systems"> sell them in 500g packs in the UK, so think you can freeze them, like you would with normal Brine Shrimp cysts.

Even if they are ones that won't hatch? I'd still freeze them, but keep a small amount in the fridge for day to day use.

cheers Darrel

Thanks.

I tried feeding the 3 weeks old fries with them after soaking in water for about 30mins, but they don't seem to like it all.

Hi all,
I tried feeding the 3 weeks old fries with them after soaking in water for about 30mins, but they don't seem to like it all.
Are the BBS (nauplii) moving? If they don't move the fry won't recognize them as a food item.

When I feed non-hatching decapsulated baby Brine shrimp to small fry, I feed them with either "Banana worms" or "Vinegar eels" (Vinegar Eels for surface orientated fry like Betta, Killi etc) and the movement in the worms elicits the feeding response in the fry, which will then hopefully feed on the non-mobile food items as well.

cheers Darrel

Moving? I just squirt them into the water near the fries using a syringe. I ran out of the normal BBS to hatch thus I went to purchase the decapsulated ones, thinking that it is more convenient to feed them directly and a quick google shows that most people had no problems.

I'm trying to hatch them now. Not sure whether they are the non-hatching types.

Moving? I just squirt them into the water near the fries using a syringe. I ran out of the normal BBS to hatch thus I went to purchase the decapsulated ones, thinking that it is more convenient to feed them directly and a quick google shows that most people had no problems.

I'm trying to hatch them now. Not sure whether they are the non-hatching types.

How are things going ? Hope all is going well :)

Hmm, I thought I replied.

The decapsulated didn't hatch, so I guess they are the non-hatching ones. Half died because I ran out of food and now they are like 2-3cm wide, after 4-6 weeks.

Had a second batch recently but all died because I put them together with the older ones. Found them all dead in the morning on the bottom of the tank. The older ones were eating the fries.

Back