• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor External Heater Colour Difference

johnski

Whats the difference between the blue and red Hydor heaters? I've got a red one but constantly see blue ones on ebay that look identical and are the same wattage.

Purely cosmetic? Older models?

Red
10-495-225.jpg

Blue
250x188x1_225623.jpg

Attachments

• 250x188x1_225623.jpg
    250x188x1_225623.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78
are you sure , i have one of each and the blue is for 12-16mm pipe and the red is 16-22mm pipe,

i might be wrong of course

jagz said:
are you sure , i have one of each and the blue is for 12-16mm pipe and the red is 16-22mm pipe,

I think your correct
hoggie

hogan53 said:
jagz said:

I think your correct
hoggie

i thought i might be because without the colour difference there is nothing at all which state what size pipe work they are for, not even on the printed label with all the wattage info on

Old models are blue, new models are red to the best of my knowledge, I've both diameters and they're both blue but are now 4 years old and 6 years old. Looked at one recently and they're now red. Purely cosmetic I would think.

watch out because fake ebay ones were red back when hydor had problems make sure its from a reputable source

Back