• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor Inline heater....

bape

Mine just broke and when I called a supplier for a stock check apparently these have been recalled and they will not get new stock until March? I wonder if it is because they've had too many returns and they will get an updated version coming out?

My question is, should I wait, or what are the other recommended options?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was told that they have pulled the current version and will be releasing a new model in the next few months. Something to do with failing sensors. I'm happy to wait for a new improved model if it means they'll be safer!

Sent using Tapatalk

If there has been a recall does that mean Hydor intend to repair or replace your heater or refund if repair/replace not possible?
Cant see anything online except a recall of the Theo in 2010.

Any more info, recall batch numbers/heater wattage or are they just failing and Hydor thinks tough buy a new one.

my worry is they say a couple of months but could and most likely to be longer.

Anyone can recommend a cheap alternative?

I didn't go into specifics with batch numbers but I was calling about either wattage for the 12mm tube size

The retailer I spoke to was told by his hydor rep that the new model was due somewhere around end of Feb, beginning of march, but couldn't confirm that for definite.

The word used was discontinued rather than recalled....

I have seen another inline brand, but it looks like the same kit with a different label. begins with a j I think!

Back