• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydra and little fish

RPackman

I have a tank with ember tetras and Pygmy corydoras, and some pest snails. Hydra have recently cropped up probably thanks to some new plants I recently added. Will these fish eat the hydra? Will the hydra harm these fish? I was planning to add some shrimp to this tank but thankfully haven’t yet.

Hi there,
Had hydra in one of my tanks. It didn’t grow big but it was quite a population. Had snails fish (neons) amanos and red cherries shrimps. All thrived.

Hi all,
The fish are all swimming very close to the place on the glass where they are so they may be thinking of eating them!
<"Some fish are meant to eat Hydra">, but <"I've never owned any that have">. If you feed a <"lot of small live food items"> (Daphnia, Microworms, BBS etc) you are very likely, <"soon or later">, to see some Hydra.

I ignore mine most of the time, but when they become numerous I treat them with fenbendazole ("Panacur") <"Hydra">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

/www.thesprucepets.com/combat-aquarium-pest-hydra-1381228']Some fish are meant to eat Hydra[/URL]">, but /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/sparkling-gourami-breeding-hydra-questions.62427/#post-615835']I've never owned any that have[/URL]">. If you feed a /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-brownie-ghost-2011.60354/#post-592684']lot of small live food items[/URL]"> (Daphnia, Microworms, BBS etc) you are very likely, /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/hydra.55694/#post-540435']soon or later[/URL]">, to see some Hydra.

I ignore mine most of the time, but when they become numerous I treat them with fenbendazole ("Panacur") /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/hydra.55694/#post-540411']Hydra[/URL]">.

cheers Darrel
Yeah pancur worked for me as well in the past but I had to remove all my nerite snails cause it would kill them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back