• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydro sp Japan

awtong

Hi,

I got some Hyro sp Japan from Alistair recently and was wondering was the best way to prepare and plant it was. It is from his carpet so is tangled together so I cannot seperate it out. Do I just push some of the roots into the substrate and let the rest do its thing or am I better cutting it up into smaller portions and putting each root set into the substrate at intervals?

My tank is low tech so it is a bit of a gamble as to whether it will do anything or not!

thanks,

Andy

awtong said:
Thanks for the advice George. I have prepared and planted it today so fingers crossed!

Andy

What substrate have you got ? Did you use thin tweezers ? I think mine are too thick for such delicate plants.

awtong said:
I have plain sand. I used the tweezers very carefully although it looks like 1/3 of the plantlets are now floating around the tank :crazy:

Andy

Yeh same thing when I do anything with delicate plants lol.

Its my first try with anything delicate and I agree it seems tricky. Its definitely different to my usual crypt planting I don't even use the tweezers for those!

Andy

Back