• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydrocotyle Tripartita wall...

Ryan Young

Hi all,

I am planning on re scaping my tank at the end of this year as it looks really bad, however because it looks so bad I was thinking about doing a temporary low maintenance setup using Hydrocotyle Tripartita as a wall for the back of my tank and think this should work well.

If I were to use a fine plastic mesh as used to stop birds getting to vegetables or to cover a pond would this work if I entwine the plant into the mesh as I have more than enough to do so?
Let me know what you guys and girls think.
cheers

The plantshop i regularly order sells complete setups like that on Epaqmat as wall cover, not yet seen tripartita, but about anything from hairgrass, java, anubias, mosses, hc name it. I do not know these mat personaly, but plants grow on it and used to stick to the walls with little suckercups. :)

That might be an idea to let the tripartita root on the mat at the wall and grow (hang) down instead of grow only up from the substrate. ??

https://www.songrow.nl/Epaqmat.html

Cardamine lyrata resemble Hyd. trip., but growing upwards. It will naturally do exactly what you are after; creating a bright green back-ground wall. May get red-ish tips, if light is strong, though.
I se no reason the Hyd. trip. wall should not be possible..........will need an encredible lot of trimming, when it gets going, to ensure light to lower parts.

Back