• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydrocotyle verticillata and liquid carbon?

NeilW

Morning :wave:

Has anyone managed to grow Hydrocotyle verticillata (the less demanding one) on liquid carbon before or is CO2 gas a necessity?

Cheers,
Neil

I've got some growing (all be it very slowly!) in a couple of low tech setups. been in there for a few weeks and it's not exactly taking off, but equally it's not dying back either and all leaves seem healthy and green. This is without either LC or gas in either tank
hope this helps,
matt

Cheers Matt, interesting stuff... I may just give it a go then. I just liked the look of it as a nice accent plant around the base of rocks or mixed with other species and looks pretty awesome combined with moss.

I know...it's going to go into my mossy shrimpy nano...which i started setting up last night and i'm unfeasibly excited about. I'm 32 for god's sake and i'm excited by a frickin' fish tank! Like i say i've not seen much (if any) growth but it's certainly holding its own!
Cheers
Matt

The shallow the tank the better for this plant ... well, for any plant :). CO2 addition is not required.
It grew like weed in my 1w/l low tech 25l tank 8? tall.

They grow it in a standard juwel 60l with 18w t8s and nothing added at all relatively well at my LFS, go for it, it's a real weed so you should be fine. I grew it in my old tank from a single leaf I "borrowed" from a well known store.

Back