• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila polysperma pale green leaves

I have some hygrophila polysperma growing very fast in the back of my tank. I can notice new growth almost daily. The tops are touching the surface but the top 6 inches, the leaves are a pale green and seem very thin. I have flora base pro substrate and once a week I dose 25ml aquadip plant food + ( have to be careful which one I use as I have shrimp). Would trimming them half way help or is there a different solution. All the other plants are lush and green and even the dwarf hairgrass has new growth.
8B8746E9-0675-419A-B210-BE15B4BB8CFC.jpeg

Unfortunately the paleness doesn’t come through completely on the pic. they do grow like crazy and I guess I can cut half way down, replant and they will grow again.

Hygro turns red the closer it reaches the light. I've grown this in a high tech tank and it was crazy to control. It would easily grow an inch per day if not more once established.

Back