• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I must now be really losing my marbles

Bertie

Hi,
I cannot believe how a small thing can make you so frustrated that you want to shout at the top of your voice.
I placed my spraybar along the back wall a few days ago and ever since then my heater keeps coming off the back glass.
I have cleaned the glass (more than once), I have removed the suckers and given them a good clean (more than once) and I have re-positioned the suckers on the heater (countless times).

When I re-attach on the glass it is solid, and I cannot move the heater or suckers, and then bang it comes away.

At the moment it is coming away at least 4/5 times per hour. I am on the verge of getting my lump hammer out and removing said heater and giving it a full whack:mad:.:mad:

If it carries on I will have to get my old heater out and put that in its place but do not really want to as the current heater is digital.

I have even tried changing the suckers!!! :sick: To top it all off,whenever I re-position the heater one of my Ozelots floats gracefully to the surface!

The wife thinks I am doing it on purpose so that I can purchase the Hydor inline heater that I was chatting about last week. Not me dear!!!

Had a Polleni cichlid that used to delight in knocking the heater off the glass so I can relate.
I finally layed the heater on substrate along the back glass behind some wood and the fish seemed truly dissapointed that out little game had come to an end.
He then began pulling the thermometer off of it's suction cup, and would then swim around with his trophy daring me to try and retrieve it.

Just ordered some new suckers as I have not got any left!

You can put them in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes usually sorts them for a few months

Surely that's a false economy;) ...you should get the Hydor and whilst you're at it you should also get one of these Cascade Glass Spray Bar 400mm x 13mm Closed End after all didn't your wife say she wasn't keen on your existing spraybar? This one is a work of art:)

Back