• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I need a little bit of advice please.

scootamum

It doesn't matter how I do it, or how careful I am, I always seems to end up syphoning shrimplets out of my tank during water changes.

Has anyone got any good tips on how I can avoid this?
confused.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif

I use a longer syphon on shrimp tanks so I can watch if I'm sucking any up and stop the flow (pinching the hose) to let them swim out again.

I use a longer syphon on shrimp tanks so I can watch if I'm sucking any up and stop the flow (pinching the hose) to let them swim out again.

I use a really narrow tube, with my finger partially over the tank end of it to prevent shrimplets from being sucked up. The shrimp I am accidentally sucking up are really teeny tiny (not even 1/2 cm in size), so I don't even notice them swimming nearby.

It's only because I always check my water bucket with a torch before I dispose of the water, that I notice them swimming around in there. I rescued six from my bucket on Saturday.

Back