• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's nano cube

Did you buy the lighting fixture or did it come with the set?

It's an old one, they don't sell lights with these cube things. Shame really as the LEDS looked cool. But stupid people weren't clipping them on correctly and they were dropping in the water. I got the arcpod a couple of years back.

They are all good mate, although I too like number 5... Gonna look good when it's done

cheers Gary, much appreciated.

Number 5 for me too.

Cheers Jon, it was five i decided to keep.

I have got rid of that pink bulb that comes with the arcpod and been the B&Q and bought a Ge normal bulb. It looks 10 times better. I have some glosso and have began planting, i have some more plants coming tomorrow, so will finish off tomorrow.

the glosso.

6602440417_ec86da3998.jpg
close up top by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6602434559_f245df519c.jpg
top view by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6602428291_e460abb25a.jpg
Glosso by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

sorry for all the pics.

That's a crakin rock layout Ian.

See you tomorrow with a nice little Christmas gift

Thanks mate, it's been nice to take some time over the layout to be honest. lol

Love it with the substrate change, looks a lot more to scale.

cheers Spyder, it feels better as well.

were did you get the rocks?

They were from my local LFS 'the Aquarium' in Lincoln, they are priced very reasonable as well.

Planting done, it has been planted with Glosso, Hm, E Tennilus and Riccia. Mark Evans popped over this morning, so i got him in on the action...he made my riccia stones. Here's some pics and a vid of the planting process.

The face of concentration from Mr Evans
6607450737_278f17133a.jpg
Mr Mark by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6607456929_8e0b879b6b.jpg
Hm in the left corner by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6607461925_b49676e15d.jpg
E Tennilus behind large rock by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6607467121_62649ed952.jpg
Riccia stones by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6607474295_98c5a4b4ff.jpg
waiting for the water by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and the vid shows the filling of the tank (needs to be viewed in 720p)

Looking good.

It's nice to see these P@H journals appearing. Making me inspired to get mine out of the basement.

cheers John, they are great little cubes, the glass is quality, for £19 you can't really go wrong. Even if you just use it as a fry tank.

ianho said:
cheers John, they are great little cubes, the glass is quality, for £19 you can't really go wrong. Even if you just use it as a fry tank.

I'm currently looking at my 10L dennerle and my 25L arc tank thinking i'll just move the contents to the P@H cubes ive got downstairs after the new year. down with pointlessly curved corners. :D

ianho said:
down with pointlessly curved corners

lol, i think there is another P@H cube as well, a larger one for £29 (25 ltrs?).

yup. i've got one of each stored :)

pets at home could be onto a winner with these cubes. They sell by the bucket load at a great price- shame they cannot get their act together with the rest of their stock and and fish.

darren636 said:
pets at home could be onto a winner with these cubes. They sell by the bucket load at a great price- shame they cannot get their act together with the rest of their stock and and fish.

i got to the point of phoning the parent company up and telling them to offer the cubes cheaper without the extras as we (the gathered plant loving community) love them. The message hopefully got passed on. 8)

You got my bad side Ian.... :lol:

Sorry for the little 'episode' :sick:

I ended up going home and straight to bed! Was extremely ill for most of the night :(

Anyhow, what a great little rock layout this is. I know of Ian's abilities to grow plants, because I've seen it! This will be great, trust me.

The P@H nano is on my list of things to get to. Such a great little tank for the money. The silicone work is pretty good, which is what swayed me.

I think i will have to have a trip down to P@H to get one of these for my kitchen, they do look very good for the money. At least that way i can actually get a tank up and running rather than staring at my empty 90P while i slowly get the equipment together for it.
( it' s taking forever :arghh: )

Great looking tank Ian by the way.

Stu.

Anyhow, what a great little rock layout this is. I know of Ian's abilities to grow plants, because I've seen it! This will be great, trust me.

Thanks for the complement mate, i means a lot. I just hope the Glosso takes. If not it'll be Riccia all the way.

By the way thanks for cutting me some Riccia stone! Good job you mentioned them to me, all i had in was the ADA stone and they are well to thick to be putting in nano's. They are nice and small as well, i might use some of the bigger ones in the main tank. Thanks again.

I think i will have to have a trip down to P@H to get one of these for my kitchen, they do look very good for the money.

you can't go wrong really for the price, remember you will need a light though as the LED's got recalled.

ianho said:
you can't go wrong really for the price, remember you will need a light though as the LED's got recalled.

LED's? i've not checked my ballasts in the box but i thought it was a 11w/9w compact T5?

I've not returned mine yet. Do they actually exchange them with something or just refund you?

i'm not sure, i didn't get the LED's. I presume they would just refund you. I have managed to source an Aqua ray LED nano plate and it wipes the floor with the arc pod. It gives a lovely shimmer. Heres a quick vid...best viewed in 720p

The lights that the tanks came with we're indeed CF's. Where did you get the aquaray from? I'm using an arcpod and need to change!

Back