• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2022

I dunno about the top but I think the entries I've seen after rank 100 seem very random.

I think they print all the submissions out, they lay them on the floor. Everyone at ADA gets 100 beans. They’re then tasked with putting n beans on the submissions they like the most.

Problem is someone just absolutely loves chaos, so puts 100 beans on something that looks non-good to us, but is 100 beans to them.

Problem is someone just absolutely loves chaos, so puts 100 beans on something that looks non-good to us, but is 100 beans to them.
That makes perfect sense, especially if the beans obscure the image. Next guy comes along and thinks this must be good and deposits even more beans obscuring it even more. . .
But seriously folks, it doesn't really seem to make an awful lot of sense. Some of the best scapes didn't even make the top 100. And the scape ranked 4 seems completely random and out of place.

That makes perfect sense, especially if the beans obscure the image. Next guy comes along and thinks this must be good and deposits even more beans obscuring it even more. . .
But seriously folks, it doesn't really seem to make an awful lot of sense. Some of the best scapes didn't even make the top 100. And the scape ranked 4 seems completely random and out of place.
I agree with you on #4, but I actually stopped watching the stream at #5 - not that it was necessarily the most juxtaposition-scape and probably the straw that broke the camels back - for me it was #6 which just looks so out of place.

Having eagerly waited for this over the summer, I found this year more than most left me wondering what's going on and completely deflated. Having said that, there are some truly wonderful layouts once again.

Disclaimer; I say all this, an armchair warrior of sorts - although not my intention, fully in the knowledge that I am totally unable to create anything of this level.

Back