• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Id and treat

switch01252

Seedling
fca2442bbf39e4f310c427b74b5d4544.jpg

In a 7ft tank around 8 hours a day 6 hours full lighting 6 t5 lights two growlux 4 Phillips
Tank at 30c

Plant is dying releasing ammonia which is feeding the algae

Most likely lack of CO2 with respect to amount of light being supplied.

Solution more CO2 and/or better CO2 circulation and/or seriously much less light.

Oh is not 30 degrees a tad hot ?

I believe If no CO2 is being injected,I would drop two of the 54 watt? bulb's.
Are the Discus young Discus, being fed multiple times a day? Water changes frequently?
I think it may be wise to mention any fertilizer's or lack thereof.
Add more plant's.

30c for discus good temp

Young discus getting fed 4-5 times a day beefheart only water changes every week at 40%
I'll start reducing the lighting on the tank and have the growlux come on at night no ferts being added I have a co2 but wouldn't know how to spread it over the size of the tank..

acf08b8739887049bc4317150cc6bd93.jpg

Just wanted a low maintenance planted tank lol I have a full length spray bar through my filters two 2180. But no way of connect the co2 unit to the pipes as its all 21.5 overflow pipe

switch01252 said:
Just wanted a low maintenance planted tank lol I have a full length spray bar through my filters two 2180. But no way of connect the co2 unit to the pipes as its all 21.5 overflow pipe
OK - well I dont quite understand that?
Perhaps you could explain how you introduce the C02 & how the filter works...there will be a way as I also use 21.5 overflow pipe!

I haven't got the co2 rigged up for this reason what are you using to get it to attach??

I have two 2180 in each cupboard they are fed by one inlet on either side and their outgoing go into a spray bar at each end all made out of overflow pipe then inside the cupboard their is a small amount of eheim pipe to attach to connectors

Back