• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID Growth on a goldfish?

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
wondering if anyone can id this growth i have on one of my goldfish. It started about a year and a half ago, for apperently no reason. It hasnt grown any further, isnt raw or red and just looks like a growth. The fish is in no way effected by it, no itching etc, and is in good health so im not overly concerned, would just like to know what it is?
Thanks in advance.
Ady.

Posted several pics to try and give a good view:

feb20122020.jpg

feb20122036.jpg

feb20122017.jpg

feb20122031.jpg

feb20122035.jpg

Looks like a tumor of some sort (probably benign), possibly a granuloma, but it's always difficult to tell without a biopsy. Apparently, very often there isn't any rhyme or reason for their sudden appearance and subsequent growth, and sometimes I gather they also disappear. They are often thought to be triggered by viral or fungal infection.

Thanks Troi,
do you think if it was malignant the fish would have shown signs of deterioration by now?
Im not concerned and i suspect if it is a tumor that it is indeed benign as there are no issues with the fish.

I can't tell you what it is but I have one that looks exactly the same. It's 6 years down the line now and is still going strong.

Thanks Dave, thats good to know :thumbup:

Back