• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID this for me please?

hotweldfire

910114.jpg

910113.jpg

Apologies, can't get a clearer shot as it is tiny. Moss like size. Found it growing in my propagator amongst some hydrocotyle and was about to chuck it out but then had a closer look and really like it.

Anyone know what it is? A selaginella maybe? It's growing in 100% (more or less) humidity in there so might it grow in a tank given enough co2?

Sorry for the slow response. Been trying to get a better pic and have been failing. It does look a bit like submerged HC, particularly grown under low light, but isn't. Darrel, the leaves are moss like, quite translucent. It isn't Plagiomnium affine though. I have that and this has narrower leaves. Rather rotundifolia in shape actually.

Will stick a bit in my hi-tech, a bit in my lo-tech and keep a bit emersed and see what happens.

I've got loads of this stuff on some Aquadecor from Tropica, it's lovely. I just presumed it was some sort of terrestrial moss and though no more about it. I've had it previously too, nothing has ever grown from it but I must admit that I never tried to grow from it.

Back