• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID this hitchhiker?

drsteeeve

Hey all, this little dude came free in the bag with some other fish, was only a little bigger than a grain of rice at the time, getting chonky now!
I looked over pics of a load of live breeders but I can't work out exactly what it is.
Thanks!!!!!!
1000007073.jpg

Female Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) and it looks pregnant... :) ;)

Hehe, thanks, deff not pregnant, it's the only one in the tank and been here since it was a baby (phew) she's just a bit greedy and eats everything!!

They can get pregnant at one month old, so Zozo may be right. As she has no colour on her tail she might be an endler Guppy.

In my native language, they got the common name "Little Millions Fish", simply because of the tad exaggerated fact one becomes a million in no time.

They indeed become sexually mature very soon after birth. Size doesn't say that much about age. But it looks like a pregnant female because of her rather round belly and the clearly dark gravid spot. That is the dark spot near her anal vent that becomes more prominent during pregnancy. :)

Really terrifying how smart they can breed, she was like a fat grain of rice when we got her, might have to separate her in to another tank as I don't want to be overrun.

She has been returned to the store before birthing, phew, thanks for the warning all!!!!!

Back