IM AN IDIOT (also abit of help needed)

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by johηski, 21 Aug 2008.

1. johηski

johηski Member

Just tried my Regulator on an FE and it was leaking right where you fasten it, So i took it off and seen that this rubber (below) was split.
    Nothing ever goes right for me :/

soooo i fired the FE without the reg on just to see what would happen. BAD IDEA!! :lol: :lol:
    It came flying out of my hand, hit my leg (bruised leg now) and finaly hit the wall!!

So if your a "i wonder what would happen if i pressed this" kinda person, like me! DONT DO WHAT I JUST DONE! :lol:

Ive no idea what im gonna do now, because it leaks without the rubber in it. Any suggestions :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

Lol.

Looks like you will need a replacement CO2 'o' ring.

Try one of the site sponsors or a good LFS.

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

ouch is the wall ok? :?

Regulators are there for reducing the pressure ;) i guess i should of told you that earlier :rolleyes: :lol:

4. johηski

johηski Member

Lol, thank god it was a solid wall and not a plasterboard one! :lol:

Does it have to actually be a *Co2* 'o' ring?

5. SunnyP

SunnyP Member

Sorry but LOL

6. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

No it can be any i think!

7. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

anything pressurised you need proper kit! what ever it requires you must get the correct replacements IMO. an open FE which isn't correctly sealed is dangerous. youve already damaged your wall, you dont want to blow it out do you? just my thoughts on the subject ;)

mark

8. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

If you had read other posts on the forum you would have know that would happen without the "funel" thing in the end ;)
    At least maybe no one else will try it now ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. johηski

johηski Member

10. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

sounds like the right thing, you need to check if its for the FE connection. i think jbl regs are for the smaller disposable bottles.

11. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

It's just an O-ring, I don't think there are special CO2-proof rubberised O-rings like that. Use a normal one and coat it in a little bit of vaseline to help keep the CO2 from it if you want to be extra-safe. You can also use plastic washers that will compress down and that's what I use on my reg. They work fine.

12. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

13. johηski

johηski Member

Oh well, if it is just a normal O ring i can probly pick a couple up tomorrow.

Leg is abit swolen now lol :lol:

14. teg1203

teg1203 Member

Johnski, if you measure the diameter of the complete ring and the thickness of the ring "tube" I'll see what I can find in work. I'm in work now so if you post sizes I'll get back asap.

Cheers - Tim.

15. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

why do they produce co2 tubing then? i think there such a thing as co2 corrosion where certain psi pressure can cause this. thats why tubing is labelled specificly for co2 use. :rolleyes:

i might be...

mark

16. johηski

johηski Member

It looks around 20mm width and 4mm thick.

Its probly 19mm, Like the link LD posted tho. Hard to say because its not a perfect circle.

17. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

any airline can substand the PSI, it is just that regualr airline leaks and it can go hard & crack.

18. Wolfenrook

Wolfenrook Member

For CO2 use nitrile rubber or nylon fibre O rings are usually advised. CO2 WILL eat away at normal rubber over time, plus the low temperatures involved with pressurised gases wont help either.

Ade

19. teg1203

teg1203 Member

I've got a few at 3/4" (19mm) but none approaching that thickness. 2 - 3mm is about the range. I can send a range of sizes to you but you could probably get them quicker than the postman can deliver. If you want them, PM your address and I'll post them in the morning.

Good luck and wear goggles next time. :lol:

20. johηski

johηski Member

I will have a look tomoz around a few places. If i cant find anything i will drop you a pm, if thats ok teg?

Thanks alot for the help :)