• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM BACK- Nature's River by Harry Robinson

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson (Update Pics)

Thanks tim ;) Well ive upped it from 0.5ml to 1.5ml to 2ml, i don't think i should go any higher being such a small tank? What possible problems could i get with excess liquid co2?

Looking good mate keep it up! Looks miles better than my journal :D

Mines just done that recently, I think mine was flow related, meaning I wasn't getting enough Co2 to it.

Is it possible that its in an area getting low levels of carbon?

Hmm, well that area is right under the crook so the flow would be very low, i have no other way of placing the pipe though... Plus the area getting lots of flow is melting too ;(

Hi Harry,
I'm beginning to think stauro maybe one of those plants that doesn't fare well with liquid carbon. It all melted in my nano which is LC only and never recovered even when increasing the dosage. In such a small tank I think your right not to want to up it anymore.
Cheerio,
Ady.

hey mate hows your riccia doing from what ive read its a lot less tollerant of liquid carbon than staurogyne for most if riccia is doing ok you could be looking at flow distribution issues maybe you could diy a small acrylic spraybar to go across the back or even side of the tank
thats not to say up the dose of liquid carbon either on your tank 1 ml is dosing 3 1/2 times the recomended dose just see what works best for your tank stauro is one of those PITA plants good luck with a solution mate :thumbup:

Im growing staurogyne with LC no problems so I wouldn't have said that is the problem!! It's weird.

Well, my riccia is showing now signs of melting at all, in fact its thriving and growing like no body's business haha! I tried a spraybar some time back and it blew my substrate everywhere so that is a definate no no ;)

HarryRobinson said:
Well, my riccia is showing now signs of melting at all, in fact its thriving and growing like no body's business haha! I tried a spraybar some time back and it blew my substrate everywhere so that is a definate no no ;)

If you wanted to use a spraybar for distribution purposes but found the flow velocity was too great a good tip is to increase the size of the holes in the spraybar... it makes a world of difference :thumbup:

Okay so i had a little section of a spraybar, i had to melt one end shut and enlarge the holes so they are about twice as big as they was before. Bit of a botch job but it works for the time being, i'll get some clear acrylic pipe sometime and make a full length one ;) Here's the pics

7833488698_be52f420c9.jpg
spraybar by Harry.R, on Flickr

7833485104_8cea352471.jpg
spraybar by Harry.R, on Flickr

7833487206_a41388b7da.jpg
new spraybar by Harry.R, on Flickr

On visual inspection, the flow is much better around the tank, thanks for the advice guys!

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson (Spraybar)

Job's a good'un mate. You can get spraybar endcaps at your LFS ;)

Back