• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In-line heater on inlet?

Qwedfg

Just was filling my tank today and my hydor in-line heater starting leaking through the plastic after 8 years of trusty service. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like you can get the 12/16 mm (1/2 in) model in the us right now. I have an eheim 2217 which has 12/16 and 16/18 mm outlets.

Would it be a problem running the heater on the inlet since I get only get the larger model. I don’t trust the generic versions of inline heaters as much as hydor. I also don’t want to use hose adapters if I don’t have to as it’s just one more thing that can leak.

Thanks for the info. I did a search and it seems like other people have run it this way as well. I ended up finding somewhere to get the 12/16 version for a 25 dollar mark up but I will be setting up a uns 45u soon which I will run a 2213 on so I may end up getting a bigger version later and switching the one I just got to the other tank.

Back