• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

In need of quick plant storage help!

Tom

Hi guys, I was just wondering the best way to store some plants (Crypts and Ech's) for 4 or so days?

I bought £100 worth of plants from wholesale for a client, and now I'm not going to be able to set up their tank for a few days longer than I hoped.

How should I store them? Should I just keep them emersed with the pots underwater, or just put them in a tank? I'm leaning towards the emersed route, but any suggestions would be great!

Cheers for any pointers,

Tom

AdAndrews

i would get a big plastic box and stick the plants in there(providing they are in pots) fill water to cover roots, and cover the plastic box, spraying water from your tank 2 times daily, and filling up the bottom with fresh when needs be, that should be fine, you could keep them in sunlight for a few hours too, although be careful not to let the container over heat!

rawr

I have kept plants just in a bucket of water for a few weeks before without too much hassle. I don't really know the best way to store them, but either way as long as you keep them moist, lit etc they should be fine for just four days.