• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline CO2 diffuser for Sunsun HW3000

TrevC

Hi All - I am thinking of upgrading my filter (Betta 1050) on my 200l tank to a Sunsun HW 3000. I currently use a CO2art inline diffuser for hose size 16/22. However, the Sunsun has a hose internal size of 19mm (3/4 inch) I believe. Has anyone found a workaround or a diffuser which would fit the Sunsun pipework? The Sunsun is attractively priced and reviews not bad but I see extra expense getting the CO2 sorted. Presumably the wider hose is needed to support the higher spec'd flow rate. An inelegant solution would be to keep the existing filter for CO2 delivery and add maybe a smaller Sunsun filter to operate in parallel. Looked on APS site who sell/brand the same filter kit but no joy.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
Trevor

I've got one of these (16/22mm) but never used it, but I'm sure @Zeus. used to use them at high velocity so I would think they are half decent. If I do ever get around to using mine I'm going to strip it down and familiarize myself with it and lube up all the seals because I have heard of CO2 escaping past the Ceramic Diffuser but any problems have always been rectified, but anyway they do a 19/25.

I've got one of these (16/22mm) but never used it, but I'm sure @Zeus. used to use them at high velocity so I would think they are half decent. If I do ever get around to using mine I'm going to strip it down and familiarize myself with it and lube up all the seals because I have heard of CO2 escaping past the Ceramic Diffuser but any problems have always been rectified, but anyway they do a 19/25.
I’ve got one of these on 16/22 which I’ve been using for 5 months. No problems at all.

To be clear, you have been using a 16/22 diffuser on 19/25 hose?
No. On 16/22 hose. I would buy the 19/25 model for that size hose. Here’s a link to a shop with which I am not affiliated and is not a forum sponsor but did come up first on Google:

Back