• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline diffuser and inline heater position

Ori shani

Hi all,
I want to install a inline heaters d I got inline diffuser and I want to know how should I install them and there is hand full of opinions..
If I install the heater first and then the diffuser, won't the heater damage the mixing of co2? (Because of the high temperature (it will be connected to the controller and will be at 24 degrees) but maybe the body heats up and that's what can hurt?)
And maybe that's why it's better to put the diffuser first and only after that the heater? And on the other hand, there is no problem to have bubbles of gas inside the heater? Or is it even better to put the heating body on the in pipe?

A lot of us folks use the Biomaster thermal filters and therefore have to place the inline CO2 after the heater with out any problems.
but it has inside heater I don’t think it’s the same like external unit that should be install on the pipe
I got JBL e1502 and 180L tank if it matters

What’s the difference if your question is about heated water entering the diffuser?
I read somewhere that high temperature water is not good for mixing co2 and the ideal temperature is 24c but maybe the water around the heater will be higher? So it’s better to put the diffuser before the heater? But I also read that shouldn’t go inside the heater bubbles so…🤷🏻‍♂️

I read somewhere that high temperature water is not good for mixing co2 and the ideal temperature is 24c but maybe the water around the heater will be higher? So it’s better to put the diffuser before the heater? But I also read that shouldn’t go inside the heater bubbles so…🤷🏻‍♂️

I think you are overthinking it. It’s likely it makes no difference which way around you have them, but my approach has always been to have the diffuser as early in the line as possible - right after the filter, to maximise the contact time of the CO2 bubbles.

I think you are overthinking it. It’s likely it makes no difference which way around you have them, but my approach has always been to have the diffuser as early in the line as possible - right after the filter, to maximise the contact time of the CO2 bubbles.
Yeah.. you maybe right thanks all

Back