• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline heater flow restriction

Anderwrw

Im thinking of getting a hydor inline heater do these restrict flow vastly or only marginaly I have a juwel vision 180 tank and a jbl cristal profi e901 filter

Thanks for the Reply guys have seen them at a good price online so may pick one up I'm currently using the standard juwel heater which is 200w and I'm not sure it's up to the job of heating my juwel vision 180 as it seems to be on most of the time was thinking of getting a 300w model would this be ok for 180l tank also my juwel heater has a bit of black inside it from where it's on most of the time I guess not sure if this is normal :?:

the prices of them seem to vary massively, at my LFS they sell them at £65 and you can get them online for £30. I use a 200W on a 60 litre tank and its perfect. So I imagine a 300W will be about right for a 180L. Doesnt sound normal, the black sounds like its burnt out.

Emyr said:
Doesnt sound normal, the black sounds like its burnt out.

It's not burnt out as the light comes on to show it's heating the water. I have a feeling that it may have been the previous owners fault as when I bought the tank (second hand) it had the juwel filter in the back corner but I removed this as I had an external filter I wanted to use instead, with the juwel filter the heater sits inside and heats the water as it's filtered, when I collected the tank there was a green water mark around the inside where the previous owner had given up on keeping fish and just abandoned it so maybe the heater was not fully submerged causing the black mark I'm thinking I better get a replacement pretty quick :?

Back