• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline heater on the filter inlet?

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
Is there any reason that I can't place my hydor inline heater on the filter inlet pipe as opposed to the filter outlet pipe?
Cheers
Ady

Ady George is right, I had mine on the inlet to start with but found it needed weekly cleaning. The additional problem I see is that as detritus builds up it inhibits the heater's ability to do its job as efficiently and may lead to it remaining on longer to heat the water.

George Farmer said:
Sure, it will just need cleaning more often. :)
Antipofish said:
Ady George is right, I had mine on the inlet to start with but found it needed weekly cleaning. The additional problem I see is that as detritus builds up it inhibits the heater's ability to do its job as efficiently and may lead to it remaining on longer to heat the water.

Thanks for the info and reassurance. Always wondered why it was common practice to put them on the outlet, but its pretty clear really :crazy:
I want to put the inline c02 back on the outlet to reduce burping etc from the filter and dont have room with where i want to position pipework to fit both on the filter outflow so will put the hydor on the inlet and keep it clean to keep heating efficient :thumbup:
dw1305 said:
Hi all,
The Rena "Smart Heater" was designed so it will fit onto a filter intake. I've got a 100W one, but I've never actually used it, partially because I couldn't see how to use it with a pre-filter sponge.

cheers Darrel
Cheers Darrel,
i have a 300w inline hydor already, but its good to know some were designed for the inlet.
Cheerio
Ady

Back