• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interesting info about mosses for DSM and emersed growing

Great article mate! just went out and grabbed some pleurocarps from the garden for my moss wall, and am now removing the clump of acrocarp moss i put in there a while back- was wondering why it wasnt doing great! Cheers again!

If you would like a "mos look" carpet in a sunny spot in your garden I suggest Chamaemelum nobile 'Treneague'....you can just walk on it and it gives of a nice fragrant as a bonus
Thanks Martin, in Spain if you want a moss carpet you have to leave above 1000 meters altitude and in the rainy north... Lol nevertheless we have very interesting bryophyte communities adapted to low humidity, with some species I want to try in future emersed/nano vivaria such as Selaginella denticulata http://www.florasilvestre.es/mediterranea/Selaginellaceae/Selaginella_denticulata.htm... Well actually not a moss but a fern, but has this moss look and becomes reddish with direct sun.

So no way to have this fairy tale landscape, like the one on this web, but hopefully I can do my own little moss landscape!

Back