• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internal filter question

Greenview

I am setting up a 240 litre tank and will keep it fairly low tech: def no pressurised CO2 this time, but I will use liquid carbon and approx 2WPG lighting; I will plant fairly densely and stock quite fully. I plan to use the Juwel internal filter that I ripped from my Rio 180 and replace most of the media with eheim substrat: I will not replace the power head but keep the 600 and add a circulation pump. Does this plan sound OK? Specifically:
Is this adequate filtration, with the plants I am assuming yes?
Is this OK for flow? Again I assume yes because of the circ pump which I may rig through a spraybar. 
Thanks. 

If you are keeping the 600lph, I would consider adding a powerhead or two in the "quieter" ends of the tank to make sure that there are no dead spots. You need to try to get an even flow throughout the whole tank, which will be quite difficult to achieve with one pump in the corner.

Tom

Back