• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Intro

Matt210

Seedling
Evening everyone.
I’m new to planted aquariums. Finding it a bit of a minefield but enjoying learning something new everyday. Finally getting my parameters within range so hopefully my plants will start to thrive rather than just surviving.

I have a 200l tank with community fish that I have been running for about 7years so my tank was cycled before I added plants about 2 weeks ago. Currently I am getting a low reading for magnesium and iron. Been advised to regularly keep dosing iron until it rises to 0.1mg/l.

Look forward to reading threads to improve my success with plants.

Hi all,
Evening everyone.
I’m new to planted aquariums. Finding it a bit of a minefield but enjoying learning something new everyday. Finally getting my parameters within range so hopefully my plants will start to thrive rather than just surviving.
Welcome to UKAPS, hopefully we can offer you good advice.
I have a 200l tank with community fish that I have been running for about 7years so my tank was cycled before I added plants about 2 weeks ago. Currently I am getting a low reading for magnesium and iron. Been advised to regularly keep dosing iron
Have a look at the <"Duckweed Index thread">, linked in my signature, it separates the <"important bits"> from the less important bits.

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back