• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Introducing new Amanos to a CO2 injected tank

Daniel

Hey guys,

As per the title really. I already have a few Amanos and Cherries in the tank but I was wondering what are your experiences when adding new shrimp coming from a normal tank to a CO2 injected tank? Should I drop CO2 the day before and then slowly ramp the amount back up once they're in, will this help acclimatise them? The only think I would be worried about doing that is will it have an adverse affect on the HC Cuba and other high energy plants I have within the tank?

Any of your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi thanks Lee. I always switch off the lights and drip acclimatise but this is the first time I've been using CO2. Would you advise slowly ramping the CO2 back up or could I turn it straight back on, I'm not really sure how the plants will react if they have less CO2 for a day or so??

I would just turn your lights and co2 off the day you introduce them, and then turn everything back on as normal the next day. This won't affect your plants, they will be fine without lights and co2 for the day. When your co2 comes on the next day, your shrimp should acclimatise themselves in the period between co2 on and lights on.

Hey mate.
Shouldn't have to drop your levels, i think its best to acclimatise them like you would a new fish. Add your tank water slowly to the shipping container they came in slowly over a few hours. That way they can get a taste for their new environment over a period of time.
This works well- get airline tubing and a valve, get water flowing through tube and turn valve until just a drip comes out every couple of seconds or so.

Darren

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back