• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Invert stocking 180l tank

Dievan

Hi All,

I’ve recentle rescaped my rio 180l and would love to stock it with primarely inverts, oto’s and maybe after some time very tiny rasbora’s.

I’ve added some pictures of the scape, the aquarium is divided by large lava rocks, in front there is sand and in the back it is filled wit laca gravel, bio media and topped with mostly reused aquasoil. Plants are bucephlandra, anubias, crypts. The back of the tank i would like to fill with echinodutus, larger crypts and microsorum.

I would like to know which inverts you would recommend. As of now it is stocked with 5 amano’s , 20+ bloody mary shrimps, 6 various caridina and some snails, clithon corona ramshorn nerite,…

I’m thinking of adding super tiger shrimp(caridina mariae) and a trio of CPO.
Since the tank has the potential to provide a lot of hiding places.

Are there any suggestions/ tips?

Attachments

• IMG_5739.jpeg
    IMG_5739.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
Good morning and welcome,
The only advice I could offer at this early stage would be to add a fair few bunches of fast growing stem plants even if it's only temporary (they can be removed later if they do not fit in the final picture). They do not even need to be planted and can be weighted or left floating. Alternatively/and a good portion of floating plants will assist in balancing the tank while diffusing some of the light entering the tank.
Cheers!

Thanks for the info, I already have some floating plants and will add some stemplants in the near future to help aiding the startup process.

Some of the juwel led fixture i Blacked out with some heat resistant tape.

The height at the back is only 20 ish centimeters so i think the usteriana would be a little to big.
I was looking at echinodorus red diamond. The ted tiger could be an option! Thanks for the help @Walt1908

Back