• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is anubias toxic to shrimp

biffster

i have just been told that i cant keep shrimp because i keep anubias
is this just a myth or is there so truth in it

Its a myth. I've heard Anubias and Crypts are toxic to shrimps but in my shrimps tank I have a crypt and 4 Anubias in there without problem and I also trim them in the tank, the tank has been up and running for 2 years now. I'm sure someone out there had done a test where they had blend Anubias and Crypts and placed the mixture in a tank of shrimps without noticing any problems what so ever.

i have had both in with shrimp for years its just one the groups i go on there some one saying not to use Anubias as it kills shrimp i think its more likely to be the pesticides used on them and people not washing them properly
when they first purchase them

yeah if people believed all the myths the would be keeping s bare tank :lol:

well looks like its myth busted :clap:

i have just been told that i cant keep shrimp because i keep anubias
is this just a myth or is there so truth in it

I have heard that if the rhizome is cut then this could cause problems with some shrimp.

I really don't think its a problem as I have pruned and split anubias in the tank before. I agree with biffster that some people may have put plants that have pesticides on them which may have caused problems with shrimp.

any one got the link to the vid on you tube

My 300 litre is nearly all crypt's and Anubia and hundred's of cherry shrimp and some Amano thrive, and have for a couple year's now.

Back